Wednesday, April 4, 2012

woods.

Have you ever had one of those nights where you are resting peacefully then you wake up thinking ok, i feel a bug crawling on me.  Well, I had one of those about 3:30am this morning. 

At first I brushed it aside and thought oh, it's a loose hair from this massive thick hair of mine.  So,I tried to go back to sleep.  Then about fifteen minutes later I felt it again.  I pulled the covers off, turned the lights on...nothing.  I decided to take off the covers and sleep with just the sheet.  If it was a bug then it could stay with the covers on the floor.

Sleep eluded me though and at 6:15am I got up to start my day.  I woke up Kate who headed to the bathroom and I immediately followed to change from my pjs.  And, low and behold I saw something strange on my leg in the mirror.  I brushed it off and IT STUCK!!! IT WAS A TICK!  YES, A TICK! 

You would have thought we had a five alarm fire in our house.  I was screaming bloody murder and Steve jumped out of bed thinking something happened to one of the kids.  Drew woke up saying, "What's wrong momma, what's wrong?"



Let me tell ya peeps, if you know me, you know I am not a fan of crickets or grass hoppers.  Well you can add ticks to that list.  Just the thought of a bug sucking the blood out of my body is enough to make me want to bathe in insect repellant.

And that's the thing.  I've been to every state park in WV and hiked tons of trails and never one tick.  Ever.  I go exploring with my kids one night in my backyard and a blood sucking tick finds its way to my leg. 

Sadly, it probably won't be the last.  Bring on the repellant!

1 comment:

  1. I.Would.Die! The only thing worse than a tick to me would be a leech!!! I've heard they are going to be super bad this year. I doused Louie w/ front line and kind of wondered why they don't make a people version!

    ReplyDelete