Sunday, January 29, 2012

FINALLY...I finished it.

finally...



It took one whole week.  I wanted to get through it.  I wanted to know what all the hype was about.  I wanted to read it before I saw the movie.   Did it really compare to one of my favorites To Kill A Mockingbird?

It took a lot to get it read.  I lost some of my much need 8-9 hour sleepful nights, I turned on SpongeBob more than I ever wanted to, and I missed out on a week's worth of my husband's late night funny stories.  All for The Help.  I still have a lot of things going on in my mind about it.  It really wasn't that long ago it all really happened.  And it did happen.  This book, along with To Kill a Mockingbird, let's us remember.  And we should.  We shouldn't walk around pretending it never did.  And I forget.  I do.  Until I read books like The Help.  Although it hasn't been long ago, a lot has changed.  And I am truly, very thankful it has.

No comments:

Post a Comment