Friday, January 28, 2011

Remembering Challenger

25 years ago today the Space Shuttle Challenger did not make into space. I was in my high school library when it came across the television. It was the first American tragedy I remember living through and although a teenager interested in mostly boys and cheerleading, I remember mourning with the rest of the country and realizing how a country comes together in difficult times. To the team of the Challenger...thank you for your courage and dedication to America. You are remembered.



2 comments:

  1. I remember where I was, too. Working at Montgomery Wards! This happened before iphones so customers and employees gathered in the tv department to watch the breaking news... Everyone was just speechless! I also remember who I called first to let them know...dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember it well. Senior year. Sewing class.

    ReplyDelete