Thursday, March 22, 2012

lids.

Have I mentioned I love lids.  No, not as in hat lids (HA!) but pretty much anything that has a lid I fall in love.  Quirky, yes. 

It all started with my collection of teapots when I was oh say...15!!!!  I fell in love with every teapot that came my way.


Then I was introduced to fiesta by one of my sisters (can't remember which one-Linda or Twila) and had to have A LOT of covered casseroles with lids.  I love every color of those things and spent a small FORTUNE on EBAY on a retired lilac one.  I could look at it all day.


All the way up there in all its glory!
Wait...let's get a closer look.


Ahhh...pure gorgeousness!!!


The past few years, I have been into transparent things with lids.  Just anything clear with lids.  I know...whacko!  Ha!  I saw on Ina Garten's Barefoot Contessa clear canisters and I was in love.  Immediately had to google where I could buy them and Crate and Barrel had them.  Then of course I had to order some.  Love, Love, Love them!  I'm thinking of ordering more in the very near future!


Then there are my old standbys when I need a lid fix...my cake plates and vases! 


This is surprisingly empty today!!!!


I was in Big Lots earlier today and ran across Mason jars!  I'm pretty sure I'll be going back in a few days and stocking up on those!  Fun!!!

Yep, I'm a lid freak.  Don't judge me. Teehee...

2 comments:

  1. I saw Ina's clear canisters a few years ago and had to have some too! But they are in my pantry. I should get them out! Walmart and target carries some of them. And I LOVE mason jars. I have a ton of blue ones I nabbed from my grandma's house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And ps... I like your kitchen bc it reminds me of Ina's! And I always said that I wanted a kitchen like hers!!

    ReplyDelete